Viewers can access over 130,000 hours of exclusively curated Indian, Pakistani, and Bangladeshi entertainment content.
Library offering over 20 Years of Iconic TV Shows including Latest Dramas, New Original Shows, Bollywood and Indian Language Films, World Digital Premieres and more.
Largest streaming platform for South Asian content in terms of both geo-presence across 190+ countries and content catalog.
- No. 1. in key South Asian markets within weeks of launch.
- The go-to destination for South Asian content across APAC and Middle East and fast expanding presence in Europe and UK.
Mumbai, IN and New York, NY // June 11, 2021: After having won the hearts of millions of South Asians across the globe, ZEE5, the world’s largest streaming platform for South Asian content, has announced its launch in the United States on June 22. The platform is currently under beta testing in the market.
The U.S. is the final and largest launch for ZEE5, setting the stage for its rapid growth in a market with a ready 5.4 million diaspora audience that has a deep cultural and language connect to this content.
This direct-to-consumer service launch is especially significant at a time when Indians in the U.S., many of whom remain deeply connected to their roots, are unable to travel home.
ZEE5 will officially announce its launch in the U.S. on 22nd June at a virtual event where its platform and content will be unveiled. The company will share key details about its plans for the market and its local partnerships, launch the brand campaign and more.
With this launch, the streaming platform will open up access to the largest catalogue of South Asian i.e., Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi content to diaspora and even mainstream content consumers in the U.S. who have been eagerly waiting to access ZEE5’s massive content library.
With 130,000 hours of content across 18 languages, ZEE5 will offer a premium, highly accessible, and affordable option for viewers to engage with the best of South Asian stories.
ZEE5’s catalogue aggregates classics as well as modern stories across the widest range of categories and genres.
- 3,500+ movies – including 120+ World Digital Premieres like Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai, Simmba, Uri: The Surgical Strike, Dream Girl, Operation Java (Malayalam), Ka Pae Rannasingham (Tamil), Switzerland (Bengali) etc.
- 1,600+ TV shows including Kundali Bhagya, Mithai (Bangla), Sembaruti (Tamil), Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (various languages) etc.
- 200+ Originals – including The Final Call, Kaafir, Mentalhood, Churails, and more.
- 600+ music, food and lifestyle videos coming soon.
- 100 Hours of fresh content added daily.
With “language of your comfort” being a key promise across Content, Navigation and even Voice Search, ZEE5’s content library is tailor-made for the diverse cultures and languages of Indian and South Asian communities in the U.S. The languages include Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi, as well as Malay, Thai, Bahasa, Arabic, Urdu and Bangla (Bangladeshi). Key titles are also subtitled or dubbed in English.