- Heartshare Neighborhood Heating Fund opened. More information, including eligibility and where to apply can be found here. (First come, first served)
- Parents, Opt In to Blended Learning: All remote families will now have one more opportunity to transition to blended learning this school year. More information here. You can visit the Learning Preference Survey at nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference or call 311 to select blended learning for your child. Deadline is April 9 (New Deadline).
- New Deadline! Parents: The Pre-K & 3K applications are now opened. The deadline to apply for Pre-K is April 19 (New Deadline) and for 3K is May 28. During the application period, you can apply online or by phone. More info here.
- Venue Operators: The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program will begin accepting applications on Thursday April 8, 2021.
- Gifted & Talented Programs: This year’s G&T application process will be different. Instead of a test, schools will evaluate students, and those students will be put in a lottery system if they qualify. Application deadline is April 9th. For more information and to apply, click here.
- SYEP applications are now opened: Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is the nation’s largest youth employment program, connecting NYC youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with career exploration opportunities and paid work experiences each summer. Applications can be found here. Deadline to apply is April 23rd.
- Students in grades 6-12: The DYCD Film Festival is excepting submissions until April 23rd. More information here.
- New Deadline! Child Support: A limited-time program called Pay It Off may help lower the amount someone owes in child support by getting a payment matched by the City from March 1- April 30. More information here.
- New Deadline! Open Enrollment Period for Health Insurance Extended Through May 15, 2021: Individuals who are eligible for other NY State of Health programs – Medicaid, Essential Plan and Child Health Plus – can enroll year-round. As always, New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health online, by phone at 1-855-355-5777, and by connecting with a free enrollment assister.
- Taxes: The IRS deadline to file 2020 tax returns has been extended to May 17, 2021. The IRS will be providing formal guidance in the coming days. If you earned $68,000 or less in 2020, use NYC Free Tax Prep to file for free—including from home—and claim refund-boosting tax credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Recovery Rebate Credit. More information here.
- New Deadline! Small Businesses: Current Round of PPP is open for all businesses. More information on the changes and how to apply can be found here. Deadline for all applications is May 31st.
- Artists/ Entertainers: Open Culture is a new permit type available from the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office allowing for ticketed performances. Arts and cultural institutions, as well as entertainment venues, will have the opportunity to secure a permit for single day, socially distanced performances at over 100 street locations throughout all five boroughs. Open Culture Applications
- Businesses: DOT Announce New Application for 2021 Expansion of Open Streets. Interested businesses and community partners can learn more and apply now here.
- Free Training in Public Health Preparedness: In Partnership with Cornell University, Free Online Training in Public Health Preparedness for New Yorkers to Build a Network of Public Health Leaders Across the State. Learn More About Becoming a NYS Citizen Public Health Leader Here.