Spring has sprung! I hope that you are all enjoying the warmer weather, and the (slow) return back to normalcy that we are seeing. The start of spring means that summer is just a few months away, so now is the time to plan ahead! Summer Youth Employment (SYEP) is a great opportunity for kids – read more applying below.
For all those who are celebrating Passover or Easter, I wish you a joyful and peaceful holiday! With Ramadan starting in just a couple of weeks, I also want to wish all those observing a meaningful and blessed month.
- There will be an additional trash collection on Friday morning for those living in Midwood, Sheepshead Bay, or Gravesend. Trash should be set outside by midnight tonight to ensure pickup.
- If you have additional chametz tomorrow, you can utilize one of the local “chametz dumpsters”, arranged by Assemblymember Helene Weinstein. Those locations are:
- Bedford Avenue and Quentin Road
- Nostrand Avenue and Avenue L
- Nostrand Avenue, between Kings Highway and Avenue P (in front of the park)
- East 33rd Street, off of Avenue P
- 3311 Avenue S
- Any chametz generated on Shabbos should be disposed of in consultation with your rabbinic authority.
Please be vigilant about fire safety, and peruse the FDNY’s safety checklist below.
Chag Kasher V’Sameach!