These are the 7 things you need to know if:
- You are ready to apply for an immigration benefit — many USCIS forms including those to apply to naturalize, replace your green card, or petition for a family member’s green card are available online. All other forms are mailed in to USCIS lockbox locations. You do not need to come to a USCIS office to apply for most immigration benefits – including applying for a green card, replacing a green card, or applying to naturalize.
- You have an appointment and you feel sick — follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty if you reschedule your appointment. Please do not visit a USCIS office if you are sick or start to feel symptoms of being sick.
You have an appointment and you want to make sure your USCIS office is open — Any time you want to check on the operating status of your local office, please visit our office closings webpage.
- You have specific case question — Create an online account. Creating a free online account with USCIS allows you to file online, track your case, submit documents, and ask questions about your case.
- You have more general immigration questions — Ask Emma, a computer-generated virtual assistant who can answer your immigration questions and take you to the right spot on uscis.gov for more information.
- You need to provide additional evidence to support your case — Use your online account to monitor the status of your case. If you receive a Request for Evidence (RFE), you will upload the additional evidence requested just as you uploaded materials for your application.
- You want to know if you may qualify for immigration benefits—Explore your options. Answer a few questions so that uscis.gov can present you with immigration options for which you might be eligible.
SOURCES: uscis.gov pages