Asian Pacific Complete Count Committee to Host a Special Briefing on Urgent Steps to Mobilize Asian New Yorkers To Respond to the 2020 Census
NEW YORK____On Friday, July 24 the Asian Pacific Complete Count Committee (APA CCC) will host a briefing to detail the urgent steps being taken to mobilize more Asian New Yorkers to complete their census forms. Asian New Yorkers are responding at a lower rate than other groups in the city, even as New York City’s 2020 Census self-response rate continues to lag behind state and national averages. With approximately 50% of NYC households having completed their census forms, and only two weeks remaining before the Census Bureau sends enumerators to homes that have not yet responded, this briefing will outline the coordinated efforts across the city taking place from now until August 11th to mobilize more Asian New Yorkers to complete their forms and ensure that the city and our communities get counted and gets the highways, hospitals, public safety services, and representation they deserve.
In addition to examining the causes behind the low rate of participation in the 2020 Census from the Asian community, social service organizations will also detail their plans to help people fill out their forms to ensure that all immigrants and residents counted.
- WHAT: Briefing on How Asian New Yorkers are Responding to the 2020 Census
- WHEN: Friday, July 24, 2020, 1:00 PM EST
- WHERE: Register Online: https://bit.ly/GetCountedNewYork
- A Zoom link will be emailed close to the day of the event
- WHO: Representatives from:
- Asian American Federation (AAF)
- Chhaya Community Development Corporation
- Desis Rising Up and Moving (D.R.U.M.)
- MinKwon Center for Community Action
- APA Complete Count Committee Members
- Elected Officials and Partner Organizations